That's the bad news. Life wasn't always pretty for me. But here comes the good part, one that I wish I could share with more people...
IT GETS BETTER.
I don't mean that in the "don't kill yourself" way (though I mean it that way too). I mean that I never thought I would get beyond: beyond the person I was in 2007. Beyond the hurt. Beyond the hate. Beyond the "I can't". Beyond feeling that death was my only option. I never thought I would get to a point where I'd look back on that time grateful I don't feel that way anymore.
But here it is. 2013. I live in a beautiful community, with a wonderful man who has shown me a love I've never known before. With friends who I care for so deeply and I know feel the same about me. No drama. No liars. Just life. AND I LOVE IT.
So by now you're probably wondering what the point of this post is. Here it comes: I love my life. I am finally becoming the person I dreamed of being, without knowing I was dreaming of it. I have a future. I have a quality life. And I feel so lucky to be where I am now.
In short (or long, whatever), I'm just feeling pretty grateful for my life that I almost missed living. Thanks to everyone who helped me get here, good or bad. You know who you are.
You brought tears, my friend--tears of JOY! So happy for you and the awesome life you are living right now, the type of life you deserve! Love you! :)
ReplyDeleteLove you! You have been one of my best reasons for moving to La Grande. I couldn't have wished for a better friend when I came here. I miss you every day but am so happy and grateful we are both living good lives. :)
Delete